Friday, February 1, 2008

Super Bowl Preview & Prediction

The much anticipated Super Bowl XLII is vastly approaching and the buildup is at its peak. Time for the game to be played on the field and the talking to subside. Along with all of that, comes my much anticipated prediction by all of you readers...courtesy of LoserVille's own here it is.

The Patriots are -11.5 favorites over the G-men from New York. I like the Giants to cover that spread and get the money. I myself put a little something on the spread so of course for obvious reasons I hope the Giants can cover. I think it should be an exciting, competitive game but I think the Patriots will be a drive or two better than the suprising Eli Manning led G-men to complete the undefeated season and go down in NFL history.

My Super Bowl XLII MVP prediction is none other than former Golden Gopher running back Laurence "L-Mo" Maroney as I like to call him cause we close like that. I think he gets the money and has 100+yards and at least a touchdown.

The game will come down to the small gaps in Michael Strahan and Maroney's teeth and should be a good game for the most part pending any weather disturbances like last year. I myself hope that the weather is not an issue because that just makes for a boring ass game.

Hopefully more than one commercial will make me crack a smile for once also. There is so much build up to these that it is uncalled for. I am guessing that Bud Light will have a few people sitting on their couch laughing while others (me) might crack a smile. Super Bowl commercials=overrated. If they wanted to make people laugh they should just hire me to produce a few adds, then we would be talking. Needless to say my hopes are low for the commercials and high for the actual game.

If not, I am sure I will be so full from eating and drinking everything in sight that I will have dozed off by half time Schley style with one arm above the head.

Pizza $30
Tip $6
Beer $25

Seeing Michael Strahan with the huge gap in his teeth and lisp saying "I am going to Disneyland." Priceless

No comments: