Wednesday, January 30, 2008

State of Hockey

The Wild won 5-1 tonight over the Anaheim "Mighty" Ducks and I actually watched a good majority of the game. It was on Versus in HD so it made it a lot more interesting also with surround sound it was like I was at the game with the $80 still in my pocket. Brian Rolston is on a roll and has scored four goals in his last four games and is definitely living up to his label as a "streaky player." Gaborik also had a nice goal. If Rolston continues to play well I think the Wild will keep him around and not trade him before the trade deadline. Backstrom was also on point tonight but Anaheim, the defending Stanley Cup champs, are definitely struggling to score goals. Teemu Selanne rejoining the team for the Ducks who scored 48 goals last season, but did not play against the Wild tonight, should be a nice addition. The Wild need to win the division in order to get a good draw in the playoffs and not have to square off against a Detroit team that will destroy us in the first round. Just my opinion...

Times are sad when I am actually making it a point to watch the Wild play. I have never enjoyed hockey in my life, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I just hope my watching and cheering for this team doesn't jinx them and they end up tanking the season. With my luck it will happen. I just hope they can continue to win games and make it to the playoffs. I mean it is the "State of Hockey" that we live in so I guess it doesn't hurt to watch the hometown squad.

I thought about actually buying a Wild hat today, but that would mean a total collapse and we would probably end up trading Gaborik for some prospects. God help us all and I will hold off on the purchase.

No comments: