Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good Intentions

Every night before I go to bed I set my alarm to get up at 7 am. I feel good about myself doing it and it lets me sleep well at night for the most part. Then morning arrives and my alarm goes off and I turn it off immediately, not hit snooze, OFF! I have my alarm set to the AM radio station KFAN 1130 which almost always seemingly gets louder and louder every morning although the night before it seemed tolerable. I usually end up getting out of bed no earlier than 7:45 or so to which I start every day with a disappointment. Why is it that every morning you have to get up for work that it feels like you could just sleep in all day? Then a day hits where you can sleep in and you cant do it? I am sure I am not the only one with this problem but I do remember back in the good 'ole days when I would sleep into noon or even later no problem! This is only an indication of how old I am getting and how I do not look forward to the future of getting up every day early for the rest of my life not to mention working! If I could just come up with a modest $10 million or so to fit the lifestyle that I would like to live maybe I could regain the good 'ole sleeping habits of a college student with no responsibility. Instead I get up, shower and do the same old thing over and over every day accompanied by a good solid slew of traffic jams and morons driving to work just like me trying to live the dream! America....Fuck Yeah

No comments: