Friday, January 25, 2008

Screwdrivers

After getting home from work and working out I settled in for an easy Friday night due to the fact that I am a hired slave for Wells Fargo & Co. and I have to work tomorrow morning. I mixed up a few screwdrivers with my Ketel One Vodka and made myself comfortable on the couch for the Timberwolves journey to Boston against Kevin Garnett. The Wolves started out well and were in the game throughout and seemed to actually dominate at times.

Then reality check for Minnesota fans, 25 seconds left with the Wolves up by one and Corey Brewer who was inbounding the ball at mid court gets called for a 5 second call and cant get the ball in and the Wolves turn it over to the Celtics who then score to take a one point lead with 15 seconds left. Randy Wittman calls the timeout and the Wolves inbound again at mid court down by one point. The ball is thrown to Sebastian Telfair at the top of the key after a series of sloppy passes and Telfair gets the ball tipped away by Garnett to mid court and time expires as the players are sprawled out on the floor after the ball. The pups never even got a game winning shot off and KG gets up and is trash talking pointing to his white Celtic jersey as if he has earned anything for that team (see 10 points he scored which were all in the first half! By the way, he was guarded by Ryan Gomes the whole game, who? yeah exactly). Way to go Kevin you just beat the Minnesota Timberwolves (7-35), possibly the worst team in all of current professional sports and you didn't score a point in the second half like you never came through in all of the big games you played with the Minnesota during your tenure. "Come 4th quarter bring it to the ticket," sure Kevin if you would have not been a greedy salary cap hog that you are, maybe you would have won in the playoffs and made it out of the 1st round more than once in your career. I myself think the NBA is horrible in recent years and all the players are all overpaid WITH GUARANTEED MONEY! (See coming segment and Juwan Howard's past contracts) The Celtics have a good squad on paper yes, but I do not think they will win the big one this year and I could see them getting ousted in the Eastern Conference playoffs by the Detroit Pistons and Phil "Flip" Saunders from Minneapolis.

After the game was over, I watched The Bourne Ultimatum in my home theater/surround sound system setup. Great movie with great action. I would recommend this movie if you have seen the first two (Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy). Last night I also watched Eastern Promises, which was also a decent flick. Go check them out.

Anyways rubes I am off to bed now as I have to get up in the morning and work for the "man." Peace out-

S

No comments: