Monday, May 26, 2008

Journey Westward...

So a lot has happened since my last post. Went to Denver, got sick again and my dog Pooh had to be euthanized...

Tappin' the Rockies

So a week ago this time I was recuperating from my journey westward. I went to Denver with my buddy Choad to visit our high school classmate and long time friend Phil Fossen. Phil got a job at an architecture firm in Denver and moved out west a few months ago. We left on Thursday the 15th during the afternoon. Turned out to be an interesting flight as Twins TV broadcaster and future hall of famer Bert Blyleven was on our plane. He actually sat 2 rows behind me which I thought was weird that he would mix in among the peasants. We also managed to ring up a $60 tab before even leaving MSP!!!

We arrived Thursday evening and our buddy Dan picked us up and greeted us with a Newcastle on the car ride back into Denver which is about 30 minutes or so...from that point on we kept drinking. Thursday night we got bombed at a local punk bar and made a late night Burger King run. Late night Burger King=bad idea.

Sure the burger was tasty and was needed with a full belly of beer and liquor but the next morning would provide for...well let me put it this way. 3 guys full of beer and BK in a one bedroom apartment. Surprised the neighbors didn't call authorities from the smells that came from that apartment over the course of the weekend. B-r-u-t-a-l...brutal. Lets just say we went through a lot of toilet paper.

Friday night we went to the Twins/Rockies game at Coors Field. It was a good game and the Twins actually won. We then went out downtown Denver after the game to a few bars flooded with Twins and Rocky fans and Denver locals. The weather was perfect so it made it easy to walk (stumble) around from bar to bar.
We also made the trek out to Red Rock and took in the venue. Pretty sweet place and would be awesome to see a show there.

Saturday we went to a show Tapes and Tapes at the Bluebird and just got shitbombed. It was a complete shitshow. Red Bull vodkas and Pabst Blue Ribbon's were flowing like wine. The night ended with a "Ring of Death" match and me puking on the sidelines.

Sunday to say the least was horrible and hangovers and 90 degree weather do not match very well. We went to the Twins game again and watched them get embarrassed. Of course some fat head douche sat in front of me for the first part of the game so I couldn't see. Icing on the cake for a sweltering hangover filled extravaganza but I was able to salvage some of my mood with a foot long brat, soda, dip 'n dots, nachos and some Kracker Jacks. One thing I love to do when I am at a baseball game and/or hungover is EAT so it worked out perfectly.

Sunday night we finally realized we weren't Supermen so we had to take it easy. We chilled and ordered about $90 of Chinese food and watched Curb Your Enthusiasm. I mean we did have to get up at 4:20 for our flight which was at 6:30. Once again Brutal! You know how when you are looking to go somewhere and are searching for flights and you see a flight that is cheaper but the hours suck? Yeah well we do...I will never do that again and would gladly pay the extra $70 or whatever and fly during normal hours because it ruins your day and or several days to follow.

Anyway so we made it back safe, exhausted, hungover and defeated as the Rocky Mountains kicked our old ass.

I ended up getting sick a few days after we got back and even puked for the first time (not drinking induced) since I can remember. Still not sure if it was just my body going through withdrawals after the bender but it still sucked ass...

On a darker note, I received word this past week that my dog Pooh had to be put to sleep with an enlarged heart which was was filled with fluid, etc. Tough thing losing a dog. Its amazing how attached you can get to an animal. Its a vicious cycle with dogs and makes it tough to own them but they bring so much to a persons life. I am sure Pooh is chillin on the beach in his after life reflecting on what a great life he had on the lake outside Lowry. Pooh, you will be missed.

I haven't posted in some time and am lacking passion lately...


By the way...the "new" American Gladiators still sucks!!!!

No comments: