Saturday, March 15, 2008

Oh What a Magical Night...


So after sitting in Conseco Fieldhouse for 12 hours yesterday, the last second provided for the best entertainment of all as the Gophers beat the Hoosiers of Indiana with Mr. Espy Blake Hoffarber swishing a one-handed runner as time expired.

It was a hostile environment and my dad and I were the minority in the crowd as obnoxious Indiana fans whined and complained about every call. Of course me being the Gophers rube that I am I was going back and forth with Indiana fans talking trash the whole game. I thought I would be eating my words once again as it looked as the though the refs were going to give the game to D.J. White and his Hoosiers but not so fast my friends....

With 1.5 seconds remaining Travis Busch threw a long 3/4 court pass which was caught by Hoffarber and swished as though he was reenacting Christian Laettner's famous shot to beat Kentucky. I went absolutely nuts and was running up and down the hallways like a complete mad man. It feels really good to be on the other side for once and to have that winning feeling is something every true Minnesota fan should experience. It is the morning after and I have had a chance to digest and feel as though I have experienced a miracle. The Tubby Smith led Gophers are in the semifinals against Illinois! Are you kidding me!!!

On a side note-the Gophers have 20 wins this season which is a complete improvement from last season. You cannot tell me that coaching doesn't make a difference and Tubby has made a complete turn around in just one season with complete lack of talent. Minnesota fans are lucky to have this man as coach and just by talking to fans from different teams around the Big 10 at the tournament, he also has their respect and the majority feels that Tubby will be turning this program around to something good. I would say this is a good start...

Down with the Sconnies today and GO GOPHERS!!!!


Rah Rah Ski-U-Mah!!!!

No comments: